200hr Foundations Teacher Training
Weekend modules meet once per month Saturday-Sunday 9:15a-5:15p
Weekend Dates: 7 modules to be completed + 2 Teachers Lab Weekends
(1 observing and 1 teaching and getting feedback from peers). You do not have to participate in teaching lab if you are taking this course to simply deepen your knowledge and personal practice of holistic yoga.
May 22-23 Developing a Personal Practice in Holistic Hatha
June 26-27 Breath and Bandhas
July (Summer Break)
August 28-29 Meditation and Raja Yoga
September 25-26 Teacher Lab
October 23-24 Chakras and Chant
November 20-21 Anatomy and Assists
December 18-19 Living Yoga
January 29-30 Teaching Lab
February 19-20 Yoga Defined
*if you want to sign up for our 500 hour yoga alliance teacher training you would continue taking advanced modules in November. 300 hour modules meet in person Saturday and Sunday 9:15a-5:15pm Find out more about advanced training here.
In addition to the online classes, teachers will be required to take 24 hours directed elective work through Pranayoga 200/500E-RYT teachers.(this is an additional cost.)
You will receive online yoga classes and workshops during the course of the online training.
Who is the Program For?
- Students wanting to deepen their understanding of yoga in a supportive and immersive setting.
- Teachers wanting to learn the methodology, philosophy, anatomy, and holistic practice of sattva vinyasa.
- Students with a passion for yoga that have a desire to learn and share our lineage with others.
This program is for anyone who has the desire to dig deeper and be happier, who has been practicing yoga for a minimum of 6 months consistently. We offer the most supportive, holistic, and informative 6 month teacher training around. We have had ages 16-65 complete our 200 hour foundations program.
Upon completion of the teacher training program
· Your personal practice of yoga will have deepened.
· You will be qualified to register with the yoga alliance at the 200hr level.
. You will understand the philosophy and wisdom of yogic study that many programs skip over
· You will have the ability to confidently stand up in front of students and hold a safe, meaningful, and beneficial hatha 1 and All-Levels yoga class. Although foundational programs are more about deepening our own practice and relationship to ourselves, each other, and the world, it has been a launching pad for over 95% of our graduates to begin teaching yoga, and others have evolved into yoga studio owners, workshop leaders, and assisting our teacher trainings. This foundational knowledge runs deeper than the physical practice of yoga and can be taken into all aspects of living.
PYTT’s Nationally Recognized Curriculum Includes:
Technique – Including asana (Postures), Pranayama (breath), and meditation skills.
Teaching Methodology – Teacher labs, Instructional technique, demonstrations, assisting, enhancing, teaching styles, qualities, themes, and process.
Anatomy and Physiology – includes both physical and energy systems.
Philosophy, Ethics, and Lifestyle-study of yoga styles, philosophy, and an examination of what it means to “live your yoga”. We will explore the business aspects of being a yoga teacher, and put together personal resumes and marketing techniques.
Practicum – Includes student teaching, observation, assisting, and hands on adjustments. Each student teaches a minimum of one complete Hath Yoga class and receives feedback from students and teachers as well as observing and teaching.
Electives – 24 hours of student-directed master teacher electives, Yoga Thesis Paper. 50 hours of teacher-directed Home Sadhana(daily practice).
Karma Yoga Project-Service to others.
Asana Project-Embodiment of the practice,
Our own true nature is infinite joy! Always happy, always peaceful, always free.- Swami Satchidananda