Sattva Therapy® Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Diploma Program
Sattva means balance. The study of ayurveda is one in keeping the body balanced, and the study of yoga is one of keeping ourselves in harmony with our bodies, breath, relationships and the world around us. We have joined these sister sciences in our holistic yoga therapy training programs so that we may find the integrated approach to healthcare in the 21st century. We believe that for the whole person to not only survive but to thrive, there needs to be harmonious balance of the three treasures of mind, body and spirit. Our philosophy is one of wholeness and integration to achieve sustainable results and transformation within.
Completing the Requirements of the 830 Hour Sattva Therapy Diploma Program will allow you to:
- See private clients as a yoga therapist
- Earn additional income and experience as a professional yoga therapist
- Conduct adaptive group classes for special populations
- Confidently work in collaboration with other health care professionals and medical settings.
Testimonial: ”It is Vani’s background and origin as a yoga therapist that provides for the most beneficial yoga teacher trainings. I didn’t fully understand the importance of this basis until recently comparing different programs and teachers that did not focus so much on the significance of alignment, the role of yoga in healing, and the philosophy of compassion. Not only learning from Vani as a teacher through lectures and in-class studies, but simply following her sattva yoga practices will shift your mentality and enhances your awareness of what it really means to be a healer and an inspiration to all of your students. “ -S. Snodgrass
The Sattva Yoga Therapy Professional Yoga Therapist certification is offered to those interested in merging the sister sciences of yoga therapy and ayurveda healing necessary for cultivating sacred space for education, clear communication, support and integration of ancient practices into modern life.
The program is for those who have graduated from the foundational 200 hour program or equivalent(200 hour training) and/or the 300 hour sattva vinyasa and therapeutic foundations teacher training.
This program meets as weekend modules each month. Along with completion of the weekend modules, is a professional yoga therapy practicum and teaching retreat internship hosted through Pranayoga foundation.
The Sattva Yoga Therapy program is designed to affirm students’ awareness and ability to utilize his or her understanding of alignment, group and private sessions, bio-mechanics, somatic movement, mindbody therapies, pranic energy healing, subtle body anatomy, and therapeutic and professional relationships.
For more information, or to apply, e-mail email@example.com.
|Yoga Therapy Foundation Modules:||Friday 6:30-9:30 pm/Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am – 6:30 pm|
|Yoga Therapy Principles Modules:||Friday, Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am – 6:30 pm|
|Modules with Adjunct Faculty:||Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am – 6:30 pm|
Therapy Foundations Curriculum Schedule 2018: Dates may be subject to change.
- February 2-4 Chakraology-The subtle body anatomy
- March 2-4 Ayurveda and Yoga: Sattva Vinyasa Practices for Dosha Imbalances
- April 13-15 Structural Yoga Anatomy and Somatics Lab
- May 4-6 Therapeutics of Yoga-The Adaptive Practices
- July Summer Break join us in Costa Rica for our 200 hour Sattva Vinyasa Immersion.
- August 3-5 Vedanta Meditation and Pranayama for Healing
- September 14-16 The Art of Relationship: Ethics, Teaching Privates, & Living Yoga.
- October (dates TBD) (Thurs-Sun) Raja Yoga Retreat-closing ceremony at Satchidanada Ashram or Menla Mountain (approximately $350 housing cost)
- November 16-18: Advancing Asana: Wave Sequences, Peak Poses, Vinyasa Kramas and Enhancements
- December 15-16 Ayurveda Module with James Bailey
(Most modules can be taken in any order)
Sample Training Schedule: Friday-Sunday 9:30am-5:30pm
Example of what a training day may look like.
|9:30 – 11:30 am||Yoga Practices|
|11:30 am – 1:00 pm||Lecture & Presentation|
|1:00 – 2:00 pm||Lunch Break/Discussion|
|2:00 – 5:30/6 pm||Teaching Lab, Practice, Closing Lecture, Feedback, Questions and Homework|
Upcoming Yoga Therapy Principles Curriculum Modules 2018
- Feb. 9-11 2018: Thai Yoga and Marma Therapy Skills for the Yoga Therapist w/ Jenny Young and Vani
- March 9-11 2018: Teaching Skills for the Yoga Therapist w/Vani
- May 18-20 2018: The Business of Yoga Therapy and Assessments w/Vani
Yoga Therapy Principles Curriculum Modules 2018-2019:
- June 15-17: Healing Mudras w/ Vani
- July 13-15: Yoga for the Management of Stress /Restorative Yoga w/Vani
- August 10-12: Intro to Yoga Therapy: Lineage, Models and Foundations w/Vani
- September 7-9: Healing Mantra and Pranayama w/ Vani
- October 12-14: Yoga For Breast Cancer w/Camille Kittrell (open to the public)
- November 9-11: Yoga Therapy Foundations: Health vs. Disease w/Vani
- December 7-9: Structural Yoga Therapy II: Support and Strengthen w/Vani
2019 Dates TBD
- January: Yoga for Mood: Anxiety and Depression w/Dr Dave and Vani (open to the public)
- February: Yoga Therapy For Trauma w/ Dr. Dave Johnson and Vani (open to the public)
- March: Healing Injuries: Anatomy and Physiology in Yoga Therapy w/Vani
- April: Yoga for Heart Disease and Rehabilitation w/Vani (open to the public)
- Mayl: Ayurveda for Yoga Therapist w/ James Bailey and Vani (open to the public, pre-requisites required)
- June: Yoga for People with Cancer w/Vani (open to the public)
- July: Yoga Psychology: The Bodymind w/Vani
- August: Thai Yoga and Marma Therapy Skills for the Yoga Therapist w/ Jenny Young and Vani
- September: Teaching Skills for the Yoga Therapist w/Vani
- October: The Business of Yoga Therapy and Assessments w/Vani
Skills and Knowledge gained in this program include but not limited to.
- Holistic Range of yoga practices and their potential therapeutic effects.
- Yoga and Ayurvedic Perspective on Wellness and Disease
- Yoga for different Doshas
- Adaptive Yoga Sequences
- Chronic illness and palliative care
- Common Conditions
- Common Pathologies and Disorders of all major systems
- Commonly used Drugs
- Ethics and Privacy
- Medical Terminology for Cancer and Chronic Illness
- Stress and Yoga
- Healing Emotional and Physical Trauma
- Understanding Commonly Occurring Mental Health Conditions and our Relationship as Yoga Therapists
- Knowledge of Psychological Concepts and Terminology
- Discussing Models of Human Development and Their Importance To Medical and Psychological Health.
- Research Papers
- Written Adaptive Sequences
- Final Exams
- Written Reports on specific healing modalities
- Online Yoga Anatomy Training
Program Non-contact Hours: Non Contact hours consist of creating and teaching meditation, pranayama, visualization, yoga nidra, adaptive group class, yoga nidra and sequences to balance doshas.
Yoga Therapy Clinicals and Practicum
Pre-Requisite: Yoga Therapy Foundations and Principle Modules Completed and Non-Contact Hours Fulfilled/52 Non-Contact Hours/10 Contact hours with Mentor.
Clinical Tuition: $900.00
This part of the program allows the student to put into knowledge all they have gained under supervision and feedback of director. This includes setting up adaptive courses and individual sessions. Demonstrating clear competency on assessments, charting, therapeutic relationships and documentation.
What to expect during the Practicum: (1 year mentorship, 30 contact hours with mentor)
- Developing and Maintaining Therapeutic Relationships
- Intakes, Evals and Observations
- Treatment Strategies
- Providing Yoga Therapy
- Follow-up, Feedback and Re-Planning
- Assisting Mentor with classes and private sessions
- Teaching adaptive yoga courses to group classes
- Private Students-Working with privates sessions
- Phone, Email, and Skype Support with Mentor(lead teacher) to check on group and individual therapy sessions
- Intake and assessment
- Ayurveda intake assessments and referral etiquette
Free Clinic Yoga Therapy Hours:
Working through our PranaYoga Foundation, 501c3 Clinic that offers free yoga therapy to people with cancer and chronic illness. Must work in the clinic for 20 hours over the course of the practicum between observing and conducting yoga therapy sessions.
Non Contact hours are the hours that students will be working in the free clinic hosted by Pranayoga Foundation 501c3 non profit and space provided by Pranayoga Institute. During this time therapists will meet individuals interested in receiving yoga therapy, and begin to develop therapeutic relationships for long term case studies.
Contact hours will be will Dani McGuire. We will go over orientation to working in the clinic, review your initial intakes, and collaborate on preparation for long term case studies.
Conducting Yoga Therapy: 5 Individual Sessions-12 week minimum
The therapist will conduct case studies within as many of the following topics as possible”
- Mood Disorders: Anxiety and Depression
- Chronic Pain(Fibromyalgia, Crohn’s Disease, Arthritis, Knee pain, Elbow pain)
- Physical Injuries(hips, spine or shoulders)
Degenerative Disorders(Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Spinal Muscular Atrophy)
Observations will be taking place in the Pranayoga foundation yoga therapy clinic. Therapists will be observing other therapists and giving/receiving feedback on the initial intakes and conducting yoga therapy sessions.
Adaptive Group Classes
Conducting 2, 6 week 75 minute adaptive group class for a specific population.
Yoga Therapy Foundations+Principles(when entering with 200 hour certificate and 1 year teaching experience):$8400+$350 Non-Refundable Deposit and Registration Fee. Pay Deposit Here
Payment plan Available: 18 month payment plan at the rate of 470.00 per month
Yoga Therapy Principles: $5050 + 350 Non-refundable Deposit and Registration Fee (when entering with 300 hour sattva vinyasa certification from Pranayoga’s 300/500 RYT) Pay Deposit Here.
Payment Plans Available: 12 month payment plan at the rate of 425.00 per month
Receive a Pay In Full Discount of 10%
Book Fees will be additional cost.
Yoga Therapy Clinicals/Practicum: $900(Due upon setting up meetings with mentor)
Dani “Vani” McGuire
E-RYT500, Yoga Therapist, IAYT, Ayurvedic Health Educator, Creator of Sattva Vinyasa(Movement Therapy) and Sattva Therapy.
Vani has practiced yoga since 1995, having studied Integral, Tantric, Yoga Therapy. She is founder of Pranayoga Institute and Pranayoga Foundation, a 501c3 non profit that teaches yoga to people with cancer. She is creator of sattva vinyasa and sattva therapy and all of our 200/300/prenatal and yoga therapy teacher training programs. Her teaching is an alchemy of eastern philosophy and modern living. Using both life and practice as a way of inspiring self-awakening, love, and devotion. She is author of Beginner and Beyond: A Hatha Yoga Practice, available on iTunes; columnist for elephantjournal.com, and “Sattva Vinyasa: A Daily Practice”. Dani leads teacher training and workshops at conferences and studios around the world.
Camille Kittrell, Yoga Therapist, M.S., E-RYT
In 2003, Camille founded Exclusive Yoga Studio in Waltham, MA, and launched her innovative recovery yoga program for women facing breast cancer. Today, Camille is recognized by Boston’s medical community as a pioneer in her field. She is a yoga specialist at Massachusetts General Hospital and, for 12 years, a popular workshop presenter at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center’s Celebration of Live event, sponsored by Harvard Medical School.
James Bailey, LAC, DIPL AYU, ERYT500
James is a third generation healer, CAM physician, Yoga educator, and Yoga teacher trainer who has been living yoga and ayurveda for 30 years. He practices Ayurveda, Marma Therapies, Acupuncture, and Wellness Counseling to aid patients towards their true nature of well being. His training includes 5 years (4000+ hours) of formal clinical studies in Oriental Medicine (Master of Traditional Chinese Medicine from Yo San University) and training in Ayurveda under such luminary teachers as Dr. Vaijayanti Apte (Dipl Ayu from the Kerala Ayurveda Academy), Dr. Subash Ranade, Dr. Avinash Lele, Dr. Vasant Lad, and many Ayurvedic doctors and therapists in Kerala, south India where he spends time teaching and studying while on retreat.
James teaches Yoga, Ayurveda and meditation workshops worldwide. He is a contributing editor and former columnist for Yoga Journal, Light on Ayurveda, LA Yoga magazine and other wellness magazines. He served as an active Board member of the California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine (CAAM), and is founder of Sevanti Wellness in Santa Monica, CA.
Dr. Dave Johnson PhD
Dr. Johnson is a licensed marriage and family therapist, licensed clinical social worker, and board certified psychiatric clinical nurse specialist. He is a Professor of Nursing at the University of Saint Francis, and EAP specialist with Parkview Health.
Who is eligible for this program?
200 hour yoga teachers that have been teaching for a minimum of 1(one) year or graduates of sattva vinyasa 300 hour program hosted at Pranayoga Institute.
How to Apply: Fill out the Sattva Therapy Application and Submit your non-refundable deposit and registration fees. If you have not graduated from our 200 hour foundations course and teach for another school you must prove your graduation and teaching experience. Please send in certificate, resume and YA registration number.
Pranayoga Therapeutics of Yoga Teacher Training Application Process:
- Completion of Application
- Sign Refund Policy
- Completion of Pranayoga’s 300 hours of advanced teacher training – therapeutic path (300 hours + 100 hours of immersion electives)
- Pay $350 non-refundable Deposit and Registration fees
200 hour YA certified + 1 year of teaching experience minimum.
Pranayoga Requires 100% attendance for all modules for the 1000 hour professional therapist certification. Students will be allotted a 4 year grace period to complete the intensive from the date of the first module. Should unforeseen circumstances arise an alternative plan will be provided as a case-by-case basis at the director’s discretion.
Due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstance, if a module is canceled it will be scheduled within 30 days. Pre-registration is necessary to ensure we have a minimum of 4 participants for modules to be scheduled.
Non-discrimination Policy & Statement
We admit students of any race, gender, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin, philosophic and religious beliefs, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded and made available to all students at our school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin, and philosophic and religious beliefs in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and school-administered programs.
Academic Performance Policy: Payment of tuition does not ensure a diploma. Just like college coursework the requirements of the program must be fulfilled. Pranayoga Requires 100% attendance for all modules for the 1000 hour professional therapist certification. If missing a module it must be made up the next time it is offered. If missing more than 3 hours the module must be made up. All homework and documentation must be turned in prior to diploma and demonstrating abilities performed as a yoga therapist in the practicum and mentoring portion. Program must be completed within 4 years of entering. Exceptions will be made only in the case of birth or death in immediate family.
Pranayoga Institute has a three(3) day cancellations policy. An applicant who provides a written notice of cancellation within (3) days excluding Saturday and Sunday and federal holiday of paying the initial deposit or tuition payment is entitled to a refund of all monies paid. No later than 30 days after receiving the notice of cancellation Pranayoga Institute shall return all monies exception of the deposit and application fee.
After 3 days all monies are non-refundable and non transferable.
I understand that I will be enrolled in the yoga therapy program and must complete the program within 3 years unless unforeseen circumstance should arrive. Written notice of these grievances must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.