PranaKids Holistic Hatha and Meditation Certification
is a 100 Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Program. This program was developed for teachers wanting to enhance children’s lives through the practice of yoga.
PranaKids 2018 Training
Join our upcoming PranaKids teacher training this summer, July 16-20, 2018. For more information, or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daily Schedule: Monday-Friday
|9:30 – 10:45 am||Yoga Practices|
|11:00 am – 12:30 pm||Lecture & Presentation|
|12:30 – 1:30 pm||Lunch Break/Discussion|
|1:30 – 4:00 pm||Teaching Lab and Lecture|
|4:00 – 6:00 pm||Closing Lecture, Feedback, Questions and Homework|
This program is for anyone wanting to enhance children’s lives through the practice of yoga.
- School teacher looking for ways to activate learning opportunities in the classroom
- Yoga teacher who wanting to expand your expertise
- Childcare providers desiring an edge in your caretaking.
- Moms and Dads wanting to give the gift of yoga to your kids.
All that is needed is a passion for yoga and a desire to make a positive difference in the lives of our children, while having fun!
It is not required that you are an RYT200, but if you are, after the completion of the requirements, you will be eligible to register as RCYT with Yoga Alliance.
Learn how to conduct a clear structured class, based on our PranaKids Classroom and Yoga and Meditaiton training that will allow you to teach a holistic practice of yoga and mindfulness in classrooms, yoga studios, gyms, and beyond. Explore the challenges of teaching in school environments, studios, and community spaces. Gain practical information about how to set up new classes, navigate relationships with schools, manage challenging behavior, serve the needs of diverse populations, and to teach for trauma and therapeutic purposes, as created by yoga therapist Dani McGuire. AKA Vani.
You will leave this training with a deeper understanding of child development, the capacity and confidence to create lesson plans that meet children’s needs, and the knowledge to teach in a safe, engaging, and compassionate way.
The full certification consists of four modules, elective workshops, observation and practicum. The modules may be taken in any order, as it fits your schedule.
Students will be prepared to work with and teach children of all ages with fun and inviting themes and techniques.
PranaKids Holistic Hatha and Meditation Topics Include:
- Creating lesson plans for children and teens of all ages and abilities.
- Breathing exercises appropriate for children
- Techniques and Body benefits and modification to meet the child where they are both Physically and Mood.
- 10 PranaKids Sequences and activities to provide the ancient science of hatha yoga with modern research of learning styles in a comprehensive holistic approach.
- Relaxation techniques, deep breathing, guided, imagery, mindfulness, and yoga.
- Anatomy and Physiology of breathing practices for children.
- How to teach children about their growing bodies
- Learn creative ways to teach anatomy in your PranaKids Classes.
- How a child’s mind and body are developing and how this impacts their yoga activities and modifications.
- Understand the development of gunas(mood) and mental/emotional maturity of children ages 2-15.
- Emotional, cognitive and social development for each age group.
- Discover the Importance of Rest & Relaxation for children.
- Understand stress and how it relates to children.
- Benefits of Meditation and Mindfulness Practices and How to Teach to different ages
- Using Themes and Stories to Bring in the Ethics of Yoga
- Teaching to different age groups
- Games, songs and child appropriate chants
- Partner & group poses
- Creative movement and Proprioception building routines
- How to incorporate music, songs, crafts into the classroom.
- Adaptations for special groups: special needs children, teens, families, etc.
- Behavior management techniques that support a loving, non-competitive environment and encourage respect for self and others
Participants will be required to teach 12 hours of PranaKids classes at Pranayoga Institute or elsewhere, observed by mentors where, feedback and suggestions will be provided, as well as viewing 6 Kids Yoga Classes of Peers teaching PranaKids, and providing feedback and suggestions as part of the learning process.
You will learn specifically how to create and conduct a well orchestrated classroom for the PranaKids classes that:
-improves neuromuscular development,
-Encourages balanced motor development
-Develops core strength, important for posture and alignment
-Reduces risk of injury and improves performance in sports
-Promotes better sleep patterns
-Reduces stress and anxiety.
Part 1: Nourish – Begin to understand the concepts of setting up a PranaKids Holistic yoga class. Learn history, philosophy, and foundations of teaching children’s yoga.
Part 2: Grow– Understand how children’s anatomy and minds are developing and how this impacts their yoga activities and modifications used. Learn how to teach children about their growing bodies, applying anatomy into the classroom and how to effectively teach to different age groups.
Part 3: Blossom – Learn how to create the most creative classroom using games, stories, songs and child appropriate chants. Helping them discover the power of creativity, breath, and voice.
Part 4: Flourish-Understand the development of gunas(mood) and mental/emotional maturity of children ages 2-15. Learn the art of mediation and mindfulness for children and how to apply meaningful intentions.
Dani “Vani” McGuire
E-RYT500, Yoga Therapist, IAYT, Ayurvedic Health Educator, Creator of Sattva Vinyasa(Movement Therapy) and Sattva Therapy.
Vani has practiced yoga since 1995, having studied Integral, Tantric, Yoga Therapy. She is founder of PranaYoga Institute and PranaYoga Foundation, a 501c3 non profit that teaches yoga to people with cancer. She is creator of sattva vinyasa and sattva therapy and all of our 200/300/prenatal/kids and yoga therapy teacher training programs. Her teaching is an alchemy of eastern philosophy and modern living. Using both life and practice as a way of inspiring self-awakening, love, and devotion. She is author of Beginner and Beyond: A Hatha Yoga Practice, available on itunes; columnist for elephantjournal.com, and Sattva Vinyasa: A daily practice. Dani leads teacher trainings and workshops at conferences and studios around the world.
Vani, certified Kids yoga teacher since 2007 has created kids yoga programs for the montessori environment, teaching the yamas(our relationship to the world) through increasing literacy and learning yoga postures and play, building self confidence, healthy bodies, and healthy relationships. Vani has also led creative movement classes at low income schools increasing literacy skills and movement principles in dance.
Dr. Dave Johnson PhD: Dr. Johnson is a licensed marriage and family therapist, licensed clinical social worker, and board certified psychiatric clinical nurse specialist. He is a Professor of Nursing at the University of Saint Francis, and EAP specialist with Parkview Health.