Pranamommas® Prenatal & Postnatal Teacher Training
Join our upcoming training June 18- June 22 2018.
For more information, or to apply, please contact email@example.com.
The 85 HR-Pranamommas® Prenatal and Postnatal Teacher Training Program brings a refreshing, exciting, holistic approach to Prenatal and Mommy & Me Yoga. We will sow the seeds to set the foundation and relationship of healthy minds, bodies, and spirits connecting to each other.
The complete Prenatal and Postnatal Certification Course offers a well-rounded curriculum to teach Pre and Post Natal Yoga and Meditation, and a soulful approach to pregnancy health and birth. Upon completion of the program plus 30 hours of teaching prenatal yoga classes, you will be able to register through yoga alliance as RPYT(registered prenatal yoga teacher) and feel a deeper connection to woman’s wisdom and the future teachers of the world.
Every baby’s first breath on Earth could be one of peace and love. Every mother should be healthy and strong. Every birth could be safe and loving.” ~ Robin Lim, midwife and author
This Training is designed for midwives, doulas, doctors, health and childbirth educators, nurses, students of all yogic disciplines, and yoga teachers. We also welcome any woman who wants to deepen her knowledge and relationship to conscious conception, pregnancy, and motherhood. We are here to serve women in stepping into their power and creating a more loving and peaceful world.
What is Covered
- Anatomical and Physiological changes during pregnancy and how they relate to yoga
- Principles of Alignment in Asanas for Pregnancy
- Ayurveda and Pregnancy
- Appropriate Asanas (Poses) and Pranayama (Breathwork), and Meditation.
- Proper Hands on Adjustments for Pregnancy
- Contra-indicated Poses During Pregnancy
- Exploration of the Emotional and Physical Changes in all 3 Trimesters of Pregnancy, with Three Pranamommas® Vinyasa Flow Prenatal Sequences.
- How to Use Props in Prenatal Classes
- Strengthening the Abdominal and Pelvic Floor Muscles During Pregnancy
- Class Observation and Sequencing, Including how to conduct “check in” and Introduce Themes.
- Therapeutics for Pregnancy Related Conditions.
- Childbirth Preparation Postures
- Techniques for Relaxtion and Stress Reduction
- A Prenatal Yoga Teacher’s Responsibilities and Boundaries.
- Understanding and Incorporating evidence based care and ACOG recommendations
- Pranamommas® Postnatal Yoga Sequence – Rebirthing the Pregnant body, Including Poses to Discourage and Encourage “redefining center”
- Practice Teaching Prenatal and Post Natal Yoga Classes.
- Discussion of Current Childbirth Practices in Our Country
- Teaching Methodology-Observing 10 hours of Prenatal Classes or Workshops
- Practicum-Teaching and Assisting Prenatal and Postnatal Classes.
- The Importance of Language and Vocabulary in the Prenatal and Postpartum Teaching Environment
- Myths Vs Realities of Labor and Birth in our Culture
- Educational and Informational Resources
- The Essentials of Labor Support, Doula and Birth Plans
Tuition:$1,140 ( includes $150 application and deposit fee)
Non-refundable $150 deposit to save your spot 30 days prior to training and remainder paid 10 days prior to training commencing.
Pranayoga Institute has a three(3) day cancellations policy. An applicant who provides a written notice of cancellation within (3) days excluding Saturday and Sunday and federal holidays of paying the initial deposit or tuition payment is entitled to a refund of all monies paid. No later than 30 days after receiving the notice of cancellation Pranayoga Institute shall return all monies exception of the application fee.
After 3 days all monies are non-refundable and non transferable.
Written notice of these grievances must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yoga Mama, Yoga Baby by Margo Shapiro Bachman
Ina May’s Guide to Natural Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
Yoga for Pregnancy by Sandra Jordan
Baby Om by Laura Staton and Sarah Perron
The Path of Practice by Bri. Maya Tiwari
Active Birth by Janet Balaskas
Movie “The Business of Being Born”
Dani Vani McGuire, E-RYT500, Yoga Therapist, Ayurvedic Health Educator, Founder of Awakening Through Birth®.
Dani is a DONA trained birth doula, yoga therapist, Prenatal Yoga Teacher Trainer, and advocate for empowering woman’s sexuality, healing, and re-writing of the birth story of woman in the modern world. Awaking through Birth is a method developed by Dani merging her experience of yoga therapy, the births of her own daughters, and her doula training with Debra Pascali Bonaro. Conscious birthing is a spiritual yogic practice that will forever strengthen the relationships of woman. It is a remembrance of the power and beauty that we as woman hold within the hearts of our families for greater healing and service in the world.
Haley Sonnigsen, Director of Pranamommas Prenatal Programs
Haley Sonnigsen, Childbirth Educator, Prenatal Yoga Teacher, and RYT-200 is dedicated to preserving woman’s right to a healthy and empowering birthing experience based on her innate ability to give birth. Every woman deserves to have a loving, nurturing, and supported birth environment based on her own needs and desires. Haley weaves ancient yogic traditions with modern scientific evidence to ensure each woman is supported with both tools and practical information to support her in her motherhood. “Because women have always been the guardians of life’s wholesome practices, when we strengthen our health and spiritual power, we also strengthen the health and wisdom of the men, children, and communities around us.” –Bri. Maya Tiwari